People’s Choice Performance of the Year
Each of the nominees has done exceptional work to get here, and there are others not in the running who also had a sparkling moment that couldn’t go unnoticed. The winner of this award is determined by public votes. Here are the golden moments:
- August 9, 2015 – Alia Atkinson’s World Championship swimming silver medal at the FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia, the first for a Jamaican swimmer.
- September 8, 2015 – Simon Dawkins’ last-second goal that kept our Reggae Boyz’ dream of making it to FIFA’s 2018 World Cup alive. The Derby County player scored a 90th minute goal after being on the pitch for a mere seven minutes in a do-or-die match against Nicaragua.
- February 24, 2015 – Chis Gayle’s thundering score of 215 runs off 147 balls (with 16 sixes and 10 fours) against Zimbabwe. He became the first player to ever score a double century in the history of the ICC Cricket World Cup.
- August 30, 2015 – Veteran quarter-miler Novlene Williams-Mills put on an anchoring clinic in Beijing’s Bird’s Nest Stadium to take the women’s 4x400m relay team to our second ever World Championship gold medal in the event. Christine Day, Shericka Jackson and Stephanie Ann McPherson laid a solid foundation for the win.
- August 28, 2015 – Danielle Williams put in a silky smooth run in the final of the 100m hurdles to upset the field and take the gold medal in a confident display of near perfect hurdling.
Who will be the people’s choice?