Jamaicans LOVE sports. We love to watch them. We love to play or take part in them. Even more, we love to talk about them – every Jamaican is a passionate analyst when it comes to the performance of his or her favourite team or individual. The most popular sports are track and field, football, cricket, horse racing and netball, but others such as basketball, tennis, badmington and rugby also have their dedicated audiences. And it doesn’t matter if a sport is not ‘popular’ in Jamaica; whenever one of our own suits up in the national colours, we become instant fans, ready to cheer and support him or her on the road to victory.
diGJamaica.com has collected and shared quite a bit of sports-related information over the past two years. Today, we have collated some of these pages for our readers to enjoy.
- Road to the Olympics
- Green Paper – National Sports Policy 2011
- National Sports Policy White Paper 2013
- 50 Years of Penn Relays Glory
- The CHASE Fund and Sports in Jamaica
- Unmasking ‘Doping’ in Sports
- 5 Facts: The Reggae Boyz
- 5 Facts: Champs
- 6 Champs Records in Context
- The Reggae Boyz Through the Years
- What is Going On at JADCO?
- Jamaican Football Legends
- Jamaican Sports Icons
- Olympic Gold
- Popular Jamaican Cricketers
- Yohan Blake
- Usain Bolt
- Veronica Campbell-Brown
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
- Marlon King
- Warren Wier
Click here for more slideshows.