We’ve written quite a bit about Bob Marley since diGJamaica.com was launched in 2012. As the world celebrates what would have been the reggae legend’s 70th birthday, we’ve put our Marley pieces together in one place so our readers will know exactly where to look.
- 5 Facts: Bob Marley – One of the most influential musicians the world has ever seen, Marley is known in every corner of the globe for unforgettable ska, rocksteady and reggae rhythms, as well as lyrics about struggle and change that encouraged people to stand up for their rights.
- Bob Marley Playlist – Jam with the King of Reggae on his birthday (and every day, for that matter) with our special Bob Marley playlist. His catalogue is so vast, but we’ve pulled a selection of well-known hits and a few that hardcore Marley fans will truly appreciate for you to enjoy.
- The Bob Marley Tour – We visit some of the most important places in his life. This tour is perfect for reggae lovers and arts and culture buffs.
- At A Glance: Bob Marley – In 1963 Clement ‘Sir Coxsone’ Dodd, a record producer and one of the finest sound system men in Kingston, recorded The Wailing Wailers first single, ‘Simmer Down’ at his Studio One company. By the following January it was number one on the Jamaican charts.
- In My Father’s Footsteps – For Father’s Day 2014, we focused on some of Jamaica’s famous dads and the legacies they have built or left behind for their children, along with one legacy-in-the-making that we’re keeping our eye on.
- Bob Marley at 70 – The Legacy Continues – Reggae fans at home and abroad are marking Bob Marley’s milestone birthday with major events. In Marley’s hometown of Kingston, his big day will be celebrated at both the Bob Marley Museum and Tuff Gong International.
- List: Global Bob Marley 70th Birthday Events – We’ve rounded up a full list of Bob Marley 70th celebrations taking place from Jamaica to Jerusalem.
- Members of the entertainment fraternity also gave their own thoughts on Marley’s enduring legacy.