This has a great year on the diGBlog. We have worked to better connect with our readers and we’re glad to see it bearing fruit. As we close out 2014, we look back at our top 10 most read and shared posts. Which of these was your favourite?
1. KC’s First SCQ Trophy This Wordless Wednesday post broke the internet (ok, just diGJamaica.com) as our North Street neighbours and their fans shared and shared this photo.
2. My Chikungunya Chronicles If you’re the one Jamaican who didn’t get the dreaded chik v, lucky you!
3. It’s Official: Jamaica’s Bobsled Team Qualifies for Sochi Games The team’s qualification wasn’t a sure thing, but confirmation came quickly.
4. 6 Champs 2014 Records In Context Twenty-one records were smashed at this year’s Boys and Girls Champs, but how would these times stack up against international competition (hypothetically, of course)?
5. Epic Jamaican Women Our women are the backbone of the nation, and we profiled a few of the really ‘epic’ ones for Women’s History Month.
6. Reggae Month Interview: Reggae Sumfest We spoke with Tina Mae Davis, Festival Manager at Summerfest Productions Limited, producers of Reggae Sumfest, ahead of the 2014 show.
7. Why It Is Important To Buy Music We examined the reasons Jamaicans tend not to spend money on music.
8. Jamaican Children’s Booklist We had a lot of fun during Child Month, and our readers definitely loved this post about locally produced books for children.
9. Meet Endometriosis Warrior Shauna Fuller Clarke Shauna Clarke endured a lot of pain for many years, before finally discovering she had endometriosis.
10. #PeaceJamaica Playlist Twenty-five songs about peace, love and unity in society, in honour of Peace Day.