diGgers This year, Tourism Awareness Week takes place from September 21 – October 1. The theme for the week will be ‘Tourism and Community Development‘. The Ministry of Tourism and Entertainment plans to host several events during the week, including Jamaica Product Exchange (JAPEX 2014) which will be the premier activity for the week. The week will focus on the sector’s involvement in community activities and its contribution to Jamaica’s social and economic development. World Tourism Day 2014 will be observed on September 27, 2014. Schedule of Activities for the week include:
- Jamaica Product Exchange (JAPEX 2014), September 21 – 23, at the Montego Bay Convention Centre. See more information>>
- World Tourism Day, September 27, Community Tourism Fun Day at the Milk River Hotel and Spa in Clarendon. See more information>>
- Tourism Awareness Week Church Service will be held in Ocho Rios on September 28.
- Community Tourism Familiarization Tour, October 1, in the Cockpit Country, Trelawny.
- Clive Taffe Retrospective Tourism Exhibition
- An Essay Competition for Primary and High School students.
- Seminar with community groups involved with Community Tourism Projects.