An important part of storm and hurricane preparations is to store water and food.
Here are some tips.
- Store enough water to last two weeks for each person in your household. A normal active person requires a minimum of one litre of water per day for drinking and food preparation.
- Label the containers with the current date and renew your drinking supply each month.
- Store emergency food in waterproof containers.
- Arrange items so that those stored first will be used first.
- Observe expiration dates on packaged foods.
- Wrap bread, cookies, crackers, and dry goods in plastic bags and store in airtight containers.
- Your storage area should be dry, cool and free from contamination by insects,poisons and other chemicals.
- Water should be stored in clean, well-covered containers.
The Office of Disaster Preparedness & Emergency Management (ODPEM) has a list of tips to prepare for a hurricane. See links below.
Click Here For Hurricane Precautions For