Please include a copy of all original documents submitted with the application. The Embassy has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant. The applicant is advised that submitting the required documents does not guarantee automatic issuance of the Schengen visa.
Please be informed, knowingly providing false information during the visa process will result in your visa application being denied.
All documents submitted in Italian language have to be translated into German or English by an officially recognized translator.
The following are required:
- a fully completed application form in the original to be handed in in person. Forms are free of charge.
- valid passport; The passport has to be issued within the previous ten years and has to have at least two empty pages available. The passport must be valid for at least 3 months for Germany and 6 months for Italy longer than intended stay in the Schengen territory. Please include previous passports, either valid or cancelled. Where applicable, submit work / resident permit (has to be valid for at least 3 months longer than intended stay in the Schengen territory.)
- two recent passport size photograph (do not attach to the application form)
- health insurance with Schengen-wide coverage for medical, emergency and repatriation expenses. Minimum coverage has to be at least EURO 30.000,- and your insurance has to have a representative office in one of the Schengen states (for example from the ADAC, Hanse-Merkur, AXA, American Home Assurance Company). Upfront coverage is required with minimal deductable.
- a job letter (stating occupation, hiring date, income, approved leave or purpose of travel etc.) or, if you are self-employed, the registration certificate of your business (certificate of incorporation, articles of memorandum)
- a recent letter from the bank stating exact figures and account details
- a confirmed flight reservation – please do not purchase a ticket before the visa is actually granted!
- for students, a letter of attendance from your school or university