Dr Wykeham McNeill – Westmoreland Western
Tourism and Entertainment Minister Dr Kenneth Wykeham McNeill is the incumbent Member of Parliament for the constituency of Westmoreland Western. Here are some more facts about him:
- He was born on October 10, 1957 in the parish of Kingston. He is the youngest son born to former Minister of Health, the late Kenneth McNeill, and his wife Valerie.
- McNeill is a physician by profession having graduated from medical school in Havana, Cuba in 1983. He has served in various hospitals in Jamaica including St Ann’s Bay, Spanish Town, University and the Kingston Public Hospitals. He is now in private practice.
- His first position as a legislator came when he was appointed a government Senator in 1995 until 1997.
- He has contributed to and served on several boards and was a co-founder and director of the Clinic of Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy. He was also the founding chairman of the Sports Development Foundation (SDF) and held the post from 1995-2000. He has also served as a member of the medical teams for the national football and Olympic teams, as well as a member of the Jamaica Boxing Board of Control Committee.
- He is married to Sheila Benjamin McNeill and has two children, a son and stepdaughter.