Image Of The Week: What Was That Smell?


Last Thursday, noxious fumes caused quite a stir in Kingston.

In our Image Of The Week above, a worker from the Central Sorting Office (CSO) of the Post and Telecoms Department collapses after inhaling the toxic fumes.

It was reported that more than 60 people had to seek medical attention and more than 600 people to be evacuated from the CSO.  Schools were shut down.  Police cordoned-off the area.

At this point, authorities still have not been able to identify the cause of the fumes or what they were.  CSO staff has returned to work this morning.

For more about this story, readChaos At CSO – 60 People Hospitalised Due To Effects Of Mysterious Fumes

For more photos of the scene, have a look at  PHOTOS: Staff Evacuated At CSO After Noxious Fumes Detected