The coconut has been used in folk medicine in many cultures to treat a wide variety of health problems, from abscesses and asthma to jaundice and kidney stones. The Coconut Research Center in Colorado, directed by Dr Bruce Fife, cites several reports from various sources that suggest an impressive list of health benefits, including:
- Destroys viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, and AIDS. Kills various bacteria that cause infections of the skin, throat, lungs, urinary tract, and gums. Kills fungi that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, and diaper rash.
- Provides a nutritional source of quick energy, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
- Improves insulin secretion and blood glucose control and reduces health risks associated with diabetes.
- Reduces problems associated with cystic fibrosis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.
- Helps protect against osteoporosis by improving calcium and magnesium absorption.
- Reduces inflammation, supports tissue healing, and aids immune system function.
- Helps protect against breast, colon, and other cancers.
- Improves cholesterol ratio, reducing the risk of heart disease and atherosclerosis.
- Relieves symptoms associated with prostate enlargement.
- Helps prevent kidney and bladder infections and kidney stones.
- Supports thyroid function and promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
- Useful in skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. Softens skin and helps relieve dryness flaking, wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots. Promotes healthy looking hair and scalp.
- Coconut oil, once mistakenly believed to be unhealthy because of its high fat content, is now known as the healthiest oil on earth because of its unique fat molecules.
Read more here.