Chef Randie’s Basa Recipe
1lb Rainforest Seafoods Basa Fillet
1tbsp jerk seasoning
1 lemon, freshly squeezed
1tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1/4 each red, green and yellow bell pepper
1 slice each, red and white onion
1 slice from root of fennel
11/2 cup orange juice
1 clove garlic
1/4 onion, chopped fine
1tbsp ginger juice
Scallion leaves, chopped
1 sprig thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
2 oz extra-virgin olive oil
1. Season basa fillet with lemon juice and chopped dill and jerk seasoning, use a small amount and brush with light coat of olive oil.
2. Toss bell peppers, onion and fennel with a little olive oil, light enough just for coat.
3. Cook fish and vegetable separately on flat grill or frying pan until cooked.
4. Sautée chopped garlic, chopped onion, chopped scallion, and add the couscous and toss well. Add the orange juice, ginger juice and fresh thyme.
5. All the couscous is to be cooked and the liquid allowed to dry out somewhat. The couscous must be moist.
6. Plate couscous with basa and grilled vegetables, and serve with lemon iced.