Feel like having fish for dinner this week? It’s Food Month, so how about trying something a little different from the traditional steamed or fried fish dishes? Here are five great recipes to try.
Rainforest Seafood’s Jerk Marinated Salmon with Lemon, Papaya and Balsamic Glaze
1lb salmon steak (4oz steaks)
2tbs mild jerk seasoning (wet)
1/2tbs Old Bay seasoning
1/4tsp cinnamon powder
4tbs thyme and garlic infused olive oil
2tbs unsalted butter
4tbs diced and cooked green papaya
1tbs diced red bell pepper
1tbs purple onions
1/2tsp balsamic vinegar
2tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
2tbs olive oil
1.Combine jerk seasoning, half the olive oil and half the lemon juice in a bowl.
2. Add salmon, seasoned with Old Bay and cinnamon to the mix; let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. Heat skillet and add remaining oil. Place salmon in and cook for four minutes on each side. Remove to plate.
1. In the same skillet add butter, papaya, onion, bell pepper and sauté until tender.
2. Then add remaining marinade, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and let it reduce to a nice consistency.
3. Remove and coat salmon to serve.