- Is a Sessional Select Committee, nominated by the House as soon as may be after the beginning of each session
- Shall consist of not less than six members, including the chairman, none of whom shall be a minister or parliamentary secretary
- Has the duty of examining budgetary expenditure of Government agencies to ensure that expenditure is done in accordance with parliamentary approval;
- Has the duty of monitoring expenditure as it occurs and keeping the Parliament informed of how the budget is being implemented
- Has the duty of enquiring into the administration of the Government to determine hindrances to efficiency and to make recommendations to the Government for improvement of public administration
See the entire standing orders document at Jamaica’s Houses of Parliament website.