First-time Member of Parliament Sharon Ffolkes-Abrahams has been in charge of the St James West Central constituency since 2011. Here are some facts about her:
- She is an accomplished attorney-at-law, a lecturer in law and a long-standing newspaper columnist.
- She attended Immaculate Conception High School for girls and is a proud graduate of the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, where she obtained her first degree in Law, following which she was called to the Jamaican Bar in 1981.
- Ffolkes-Abrahams qualified for the Bar at Osgoode Hall Law School, York University in Canada and was called to the Ontario Bar in 1985.
- She is a past president of the Jamaican Diaspora Foundation of Canada, where she represented Jamaica’s interests.
- She is also an ordained minister of the Gospel.
Click here to read more.
Be sure to check out our election hub and follow the hashtag #ElectionJa on social media to stay up to date on all our election-related content and activities.