Rudyard Spencer is the Member of Parliament for the constituency of Clarendon South Eastern. Here are some more facts about him:
- Spencer was born in Grange Hill, Westmoreland, on February 23, 1944.
- He studied Industrial Relations at Medgar Evers College, Cornell University, USA.
- He is an active trade unionist and has held the positions of President, Senior Vice President and Senior Negotiating Officer in the Bustamante Industrial Trade Union (BITU), where he is a specialist in financial sector worker representation and negotiations. He was also Director of the Jamaica Confederation of Trade Unions (JCTU).
- He served as the Minister of Health from 2007 to 2012, presiding over the implementation of the free health care system at public hospitals.
- Spencer was awarded the Order of Distinction (Commander Class) in 1995, for more than 20 years distinguished service to Parliament.