Attorney-at-law Patrick Atkinson, QC is the current Member of Parliament for the Trelawny Northern constituency. Here are some facts about him:
- He is Jamaica’s Attorney General, appointed to the position in January 2012.
- He is a graduate of the two oldest schools in Jamaica – The Manning’s School and Wolmer’s Boys.
- Atkinson obtained his Barrister-at-Law Degree at Inns Court School of Law, London, England in 1967 and was later called to the Bar of England. He was admitted to practice in Jamaica in 1968.
- In 1982, he was admitted to practice at the California State Bar as well as the United States Federal Bar in the Central District Court of California.
- In 1991, Atkinson was the recipient of the San Fernando Criminal Bar Association’s Trial Lawyer of the Year award, and also was honoured by Los Angeles County with a Commendation for “numerous contributions for the benefit of the citizens of Los Angeles County.”