Opposition spokesman on health Dr Kenneth Baugh, is the current Member of Parliament for the St Catherine West Central constituency. Here are some more facts about him:
- Dr Baugh was born in Montego Bay, St James, the fourth of 10 children. He was educated at Springfield Elementary School, Cornwall College and the Royal College of Surgeons, the University of the West Indies.
- He is a medical doctor and consultant surgeon by profession.
- He had the distinction of defeating a pre-Governor General Howard Cooke (PNP) in the 1980 election in St James North Western. He won by a margin of 4,272.
- Dr Baugh briefly replaced Edward Seaga as leader of the opposition Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) in January 2005, following the former Prime Minister’s resignation.
- He is married to Vilma and they have two sons, a daughter and several grandchildren.