Veteran politician Dr Donald Keith Duncan, more popularly known as DK, is the current Member of Parliament for the Hanover Eastern constituency. He is also the Regional Chairman for the People’s National Party (PNP) Region Six, although he recently announced that he will not be seeking re-election to this position.
Here are some more facts about him:
- He is a dentist by profession and currently operates a private practice in Kingston.
- His foray into politics began in 1966 when he was the PNP Campaign Manager in the South Western St Ann Local Government Elections. He later served as PNP Campaign Manager for various candidates in general elections of 1967 and 1972.
- Duncan was appointed Minister of National Mobilisation & Human Resource in 1977.
- He is the father of government senator Imani Duncan-Price.
- He is married to former first lady Beverly Anderson-Manley (now Beverly Anderson Duncan).
Be sure to check out our election hub and follow the hashtag #ElectionJa on social media to stay up to date on all our election-related content and activities.