State Minister Damion Crawford is the current Member of Parliament for the St Andrew East Rural constituency. He was recently defeated by businessman Peter Blake in a run-off and will no longer be representing the constituency. Here are some facts about him:
- He is a former president of the People’s National Party Youth Organization (PNPYO), holding office from 2008 to 2011.
- He received his Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Tourism Management from The University of the West Indies (UWI) in 2001 and 2005, respectively.
- Crawford has been a lecturer of Tourism Studies and Marketing Management at the university level, lecturing at UWI, the Mona School of Business, the University College of the Caribbean and the Excelsior Community College. His career in teaching started some eleven years prior at the high school level teaching Mathematics.
- He has worked on tourism related projects in the capacity of a project consultant to the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association (JHTA) and the Jamaica Conservation and Development Trust.
- He served as Guild President of UWI for the period 2000-2001 while at the Centre of Hotel and Tourism Management and again from 2004-2005 at the Mona Campus.