diGjamaica is your place for all things #ElectionJA. Welcome to our weekly election watch feature that gathers any and every news related article associated with the upcoming general election. Although no official announcement has been made, the country is watching and waiting and so are we. Check out the election related stories up to September 14, 2015.
- No Challenge To Atkinson In North Trelawny. The anticipated challenge from within the ranks of the People’s National Party (PNP) to incumbent Member of Parliament Patrick Atkinson as its standard-bearer in North Trelawny is…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Lloyd B Cries Foul – Central St James Delegates Reject MP, Smith Cites Corruption, Skulduggery. People’s National Party (PNP) delegates in Central St James yesterday voted by an overwhelming 66-36 margin to reject the bid by their member of parliament (MP), Lloyd B. Smith, to be…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Pryce-Redman Battle Rages – Comrades Block Roads To Protest Delay In Selection Race As Court Delays Ruling. The battle over who is to represent the People’s National Party (PNP) in North East St Elizabeth took an ominous turn last Friday, when it moved into the courts and became uglier yesterday as…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- CHAOS – PNP Pickle As Comrades Jostle For Positions. There has been no word yet out of the People’s National Party (PNP) following an emergency officers meeting called late last Friday, but party insiders say the leadership is struggling to deal with internal rifts…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- ‘Hermit’ Plots Buchanan’s Demise In Eastern Westmoreland.…A self-described hermit is plotting a major political avalanche in Eastern Westmoreland, pledging to capture in the region of 15,000 votes in the next general election and send sitting. Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Election Focus For PNP Conference. Looming national elections are slated to be top priority during the People’s National Party (PNP)’s 77th annual conference, launched yesterday at the party’s Old Hope Road, St Andrew, headquarters. While stressing… Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Election Funds Scarce For Rookie MPs, Caretakers. Aspirants on both sides of the political divide say they are facing stiff challenges in accessing millions of dollars required to run an effective election campaign, and are forced to become creative to keep their hopes alive…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
Be sure to check out our election hub and follow the hashtag #ElectionJa on social media to stay up to date on all our election-related content and activities.