In order to get a Motor Vehicle Driver’s License one must first get a Learner Driver’s Permit from one’s local tax office.  A Taxpayer’s Registration Number (TRN) is required to do so. 

A receipt from the Tax Office and a completed application form signed and notarized by a Justice of the Peace (JP) and a medical doctor are required to book a date for a driver’s examination.
For other queries, including renewing old or lost licenses, getting an international driver’s license, and renewing a license from overseas, please refer to the Jamaica Tax Adminstration’s Motor Vehicle & Driver’s License FAQ page.