- A valid Passport
- All previous U.S. visas in old passports (even if expired)
- Completed and signed visa application forms:
- DS-156 http://evisaforms.state.gov/
- DS-157 http://foia.state.gov/FORMS/visa/ds0157.pdf
- DS-158http://foia.state.gov/FORMS/visa/ds015S.pdf (for students and exchange visitors only)
- One passport-sized photo (2″ by 2″ in a dark-coloured shirt on white or off-white background taken within last 6 months)
- Paymaster ‘tee paid” receipts, which are numbered “1” and “2”, For fees paid beginning 01 January 2008, the fee is $131.
- If applying for a minor under 18, an original copy of the child’s birth certificate from the Registrar General’s Department on security paper (NOTE – Children under the age of 6 are not required to appear in person for visa interviews. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when being interviewed for the visa. Parents or legal guardians must also present their own passport or identification to the interviewing officer. Additionally, legal guardians must present original, official court documentation that they have been appointed guardian of the minor).
Additional documentation is required from applicants for student visas and temporary work visas, as well as some other categories, Click on the sections listed under “Other Helpful Links” below for more detailed information.
What Forms do I need?
The U.S. Department of State now requires all applicants to fill out an electronic version of DS-156 AND DS-157. Handwritten forms are no longer accepted.
The DS-156 form can be found on-line at: http://evisaforms.state.gov/
The DS-157 form can be found on-line at: http://foia.state.gov/FORMS/visa/ds0157.pdf
Finally, student visa and exchange visa applicants also must fill out form DS-158 in addition to the DS-156 and DS-157 forms, This form can be found on-line at: http://fola.state.gov/FORMS/vlsa/ds0158.pdf
Each electronic form will have a barcode used for scanning the application when you appear a the Embassy for your appointment. Unacceptable barcodes (those that are not read by our scanner due to poor printer quality and other factors) will not be accepted and applicants will have to exit the Embassy and return with a readable barcode.