Jamaica is a mountainous island situated in the north of the Caribbean Sea. It is the third largest of the 4 Greater Antilles. Together, these islands sit along the fault line of the Caribbean and North American Tectonic Plates.
Jamaica is the third-largest Anglophone nation in the Western Hemisphere and its capital city, Kingston, is the largest Anglophone city in the Caribbean.
4,244 sq. miles / 10,991 km^2
- Highest, Blue Mountain Peak 7,402 ft / 2,256 m
- Lowest, Caribbean Sea 0 ft / 0 m
- “The Handbook of Jamaica for 1965”, The Jamaica Information Service. The Government Printing Office, (Kingston, Jamaica:1965)
- “Population by Sex: 2005-2010”, The Statistical Institute of Jamaica. Accessed: www.statinja.gov.jm/population.aspx
- “Jamaica”, Frank Cundall. The Institute of Jamaica (Kingston, Jamaica:1928)
- “In a Nutshell: The Jamaica Constitution 1962”, The Jamaica Information Service. (Kingston, Jamaica: 1990)