- preventing mosquitoes from accessing egg-laying habitats by environmental management and modification
- disposing of solid waste properly and removing artificial man-made habitats;
covering, emptying and cleaning of domestic water storage containers on a weekly basis
- applying appropriate insecticides to water storage outdoor containers
- using of personal household protection such as window screens, long-sleeved clothes, insecticide treated materials, coils and vaporizers
- improving community participation and mobilization for sustained vector control
- applying insecticides as space spraying during outbreaks as one of the emergency vector-control measures
- active monitoring and surveillance of vectors should be carried out to determine effectiveness of control interventions.