Today is the beginning of Child Month 2015, which is being celebrated under the theme ‘Children Safety and Security – Our Priority.’ This theme is aimed at encouraging parents and guardians to give their children the necessary information and teach them the skills to keep them safe on the road, in their interactions with adults and more. National Children’s Day will be observed on Friday, May 15. On this day parents, teachers, guardians and caregivers, are encouraged to celebrate their children by doing something special for them.
diGJamaica will be doing its part by bringing you several features related to children and child safety. In the meantime, take a look back at our Child Month 2014 features:
- Child’s Play – Reggae Music for Your Kids (And You!)
- 10 Tips To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse
- 5 Kid-Friendly Adventures
- Memory Lane – The Children’s Own
- Introducing The National Child Month Committee
- Who Advocates For Jamaica’s Children?
- Jamaican Children’s Booklist
- Gordon Swaby: Changing Education Through Technology
Below is a calendar from the National Child Month Committee, featuring tips for parents on how to keep their children safe.