The Medical Association of Jamaica (MAJ) is very concerned about the impact of the chikungunya virus and the potential impact of the Ebola virus on Jamaica. As such, it will be hosting a free public forum in an effort to improve the understanding of doctors and average citizens entitled “Chik V and Ebola, and Its Impact on Jamaica’s Health and Economy.”
This forum will be held at the Courtleigh Auditorium, 8 St Lucia Avenue, Kingston 10, beginning at 5:30pm, next week Tuesday October 28.
Objectives of this forum include:
- Helping to prepare Jamaica for the potential impact of Ebola
- Improving the understanding of Jamaicans about chik V and Ebola and their impacts on health
- Building stakeholder consensus on how to strengthen the Ministry of Health’s responsiveness to these threats and others
There will be informative presentations on the following topics, featuring local and overseas experts:
- Chik V and Its Projections Over The Next Year
- Ebola and Its Threat to Jamaica
- The Ministry of Health’s Response to Health Threats: Local and Foreign
- The Impact of Chik V and Ebola on Jamaica’s Economy
Check here for several Ministry of Health protocols and guidelines for chik v and Ebola. If you have any questions or concerns about these viruses, do try to come on out to the forum to get them addressed.