The preliminary results are in, and a winner has been declared. Based on preliminary results, the JLP will form the new government as decided by the February 25, 2016 election.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the preliminary 2016 results:
- The JLP has won 33 seats
- The PNP has won 30 seats
- The overall number of votes cast was 860,663
- 47.72% of the electorate turned out to vote
- 436,459 votes were cast for the JLP
- 432,353 votes were casts for the PNP
- On a constituency level, the highest turnout was 61%, in St. Elizabeth South Eastern. This seat was won by Franklyn Witter.
- The lowest turnout in a constituency was 36% in Westmoreland Western. The seat was won by Wykeham McNeill.
For a full list of the winners in each constituency, see Election 2016 – Meet The MPs. The full ECJ preliminary results report can be seen here, General Election 2016 Preliminary Results-Summary.
Be sure to take a look back at all data our posts here, A Deeper Look At Election Data.
*Post has been updated to correct percentage turnout on a constituency level.