Have you ever wanted to just get away for the weekend, but found it difficult to plan a great family vacation? Well, you don’t have to agonise anymore over how to entertain the kids and still get some time for yourself. We’ve rounded up some great hotels for you, where the whole family is treated like royalty: kids can have their own time and activities, while mom and dad get to relax a little and be pampered. Take a look:
- Beaches Resorts, with locations in Negril and Ocho Rios, offer all-inclusive family vacations with something for everyone. Families enjoy fine dining options, unlimited land and water sports, specialised activities by age group, and the luxurious Red Lane Spa. The kids have access to water parks, Xbox Play Lounge and the Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street, while the grown-ups can take advantage of up to 13 bars serving premium brand liquors and varietals Mondavi Wine.
- Franklyn D Resort in Runaway Bay, St Ann, offers all-inclusive vacations with the family in mind. Services include specialised activities for the kids by age group, including the Yellow Bird Kids Club, free vacation nannies, kiddie buffets and more. Adults also have a variety of activities to choose from, including sports, excursions, bars, the Seagrape Spa, SCUBA diving, and more.
- Half Moon, A Rock Resort in Montego Bay offers a unique space for kids to play and explore – the Anancy Children’s Village. Little ones will have the time of their lives with puppet shows, refreshments, arts and crafts, storytelling and more. Your teens can hang out with their peers in the Hype Room and you get to enjoy fine dining, the luxurious spa, golf, and other activities.
- Holiday Inn in Montego Bay welcomes kids 12 and under for free and offers the KidSpree Vacation Club, where your little ones can play to the hearts’ content under careful supervision. The specialised KidSuites® feature a unique room within a room, where kids get their own private space, and parents get some breathing room. Speaking of breathing room, you get to enjoy everything from fine dining to sports to shopping, and more.
- Gran Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay Daily offers children’s activities including a mini-club, shows, special menus and babysitting services. While the kids are being taken care of, you can get pampered at the spa, enjoy the bars, sports, nightlife and more.
- Grand Palladium Resorts in Montego Bay has a Mini Club which offers everything required for the entertainment and comfort of your little ones aged four to 12. It is supervised by professionals who organise different activities based on the age of the children. While the kids are being taken care of, adults may enjoy a fun filled activities program at the pool and beach, first class sports facilities and water sports such as kayaking, snorkeling, and deep sea fishing, rhe Boogie Woogie night club, shows and live music and more.
- Jakes in Treasure Beach, St Elizabeth offers a unique getaway, with various activities for kids, teens and the whole family, including painting and mosaic making, sports, nanny services and more. There are four beaches in the vicinity, good food and good vibes all around.