- Samuda: Gov’t Will Support Sugar Sector. Karl Samuda, minister of industry, commerce, and agriculture, has promised to continue to assist the sugar sector but remains emphatic that the Government will not be a participant in the industry… Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Rise In Young CEOs. SME Increase As Youth Shun 9-5 Jobs. Lack of opportunities, a high employment rate, the unbridled willingness to take risks, and a strong passion to succeed are driving an increasing number of young persons to start their own business. In fact, facilitators of small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) are acknowledging this global paradigm shift as young adults shun the nine-to-five workforce and delve into their own innovative, moneymaking business ventures… Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Special Area of Piarco Airport Set For J’Cans Deported From T&T. Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) is to set aside a special designated area at the Piarco Airport in the Port-of-Spain capital for Jamaicans who have been denied entry into that country… Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- PUMA Signs STETHS’s Ellis. Ja Sprint Prodigy Looks To Bright Future With Global Sports Brand – Having partnered with a number of new young athletes in recent months, PUMA has announced its “most exciting athlete endorsement of all” with the signing of Nigel Ellis… Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Digicel Still Contemplating IPO. Digicel founder and chairman Denis O’Brien plans to return to the stock market with an initial public offering of Digicel shares, but will wait about a year to 18 months, Bloomberg has reported… Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com or at Bloomberg.com here or here.
- Chris Issa To Spend US$12.5m On Spanish Court Montego Bay. The Crissa Group, led by Christopher Issa, plans to spend US$12.5 million to redevelop the seaside Montego Bay hotel acquired last year, which will be rebranded as the Spanish Court Hotel… Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
Home News of the Day 6 Things You Need To Know Today – May 5, 2016