- UWI, JCF Team Up To Qualify Cops. Noting efforts to present a more professional police force to the nation, Commissioner of Police Dr Carl Williams said yesterday that with a rise in “intelligent crimes”, there is need for more police personnel to receive greater academic qualifications….Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Bad Start Hurts Alia – Local Swim Officials Blame 8th-Place Finish On Game-Plan Change. Her quick start was missing in the pool, and so were the words outside of it. It was not meant to end this way for top Jamaican swimmer Alia Atkinson, who ended her fourth Olympic campaign and perhaps her last with a surprising and disappointing eighth-place finish in the 100m breaststroke final inside the Olympic Aquatics Stadium last night…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- 200m WR Tops Bolt List. Samba drums and skimpily clad Brazilian dancers; a little jig here and there by Usain Bolt, with even Mike Fennell, the Jamaica Olympic Association (JOA) boss getting in on the act…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Why Not Farming? – Farmers Bemoan Conversion Of Prime Agricultural Lands For Housing. Some members of the agricultural sector are again expressing grave concern about the conversion of prime agricultural lands in some parishes in western Jamaica to residential areas…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- PNP Talks On ‘Openness,Honesty’ In Local Gov’t – Party Pushes For Dialogue As Councils Reel From Anti-Corruption Raids. With local government elections in the air, the People’s National Party (PNP) is intensifying its preparation with the announcement of a “dialogue on core values” involving the local authorities reeling from an anti-corruption movement spreading across the councils…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
- Red Stripe Grandstand | Coma Bem (Eat Well!). Brazil is known across the world for its beautiful people, its beaches, carnival, football and, of course, samba – the rhythm of the nation. It’s a nation that really has it all. From metropolises buzzing with excitement underneath rising towers, to mystic rainforests and one of the most beautiful coastlines on this planet. This is a place with a lot of everything for everyone. But there is one Brazilian trait that certainly does not get its due in the travel blogs and magazine columns – its food.
…Read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com
Home News of the Day 6 Things You Need To Know Today – August 9, 2016