TGIF! It’s the start of another glorious weekend! What do you plan to do? We have compiled a list of five things to do either alone, with the family or with friends, to have some fun. Enjoy!
- Attend the Wealth Magazine Corporate Mingle, October 3. If you’re involved in corporate Jamaica in any capacity, this is where you need to be this evening at 6pm. Guest speakers: Co-founder of Kingston Beta, Ingrid Riley; Conrad Mathison, Managing Director It’s Pixel Perfect; and Carlette Deleon, blogger and columnist. Spanish Court Hotel, St Lucia Avenue, New Kingston. Dress code: Business casual. Admission: Your business card.
- Take the teens to the Passion and Purity High School Co-Ed Conference, St Catherine High School, October 4. Popular amongst Christian youth, the conference features speakers, dance, drama, panel discussions and more to help teens “find their passion and embrace their purity.” The whole-day event, running from 9am to 5:30pm, will be capped off by a dynamic gospel concert, featuring Ryan Berry, Rondell Positive and more. Registration begins at 8am.
- Attend Oktoberfest at Alhambra Inn, October 4. This annual festival, put on locally by the Jamaica German Society, features 12 types of German beer, specialty German foods, games, prizes and more. Admission: $2,000. Meals on sale.
- Get your praise on at the Come Celebrate Jesus 2014 Gospel Show, October 4. The Montego Bay Convention Centre comes alive with the sounds of glorious gospel music, featuring Ron Kenoly. Admission: $1,500 presold, $2,000 at the gate, VIP $3,000.
- Experience the ‘real Africa’ and its culture with the African Village Tour, through December 31. Great Huts Resort in Boston, Portland has created a unique tour will to immerse you in Africa and its culture. See a variety of African-style dwellings, hand crafted with authentic design and cultural art as you explore our tropical forest. Dine in style at our Safari Deck restaurant & then enjoy our private beach & cliff-side pool. Lunch and drink included. Cost: US$30.