TGIF! What’s on for the weekend? We hope you have plans, but if you’re still looking for something fun to do, we have compiled a list of things to do either alone, with the family or with friends, to have some fun. Enjoy!
- Watch and learn as the National Dance Theatre Company of Jamaica presents a lecture demonstration, workshop and performance at the Port Antonio High School Auditorium, on Saturday, October 25. Contact the NDTC for further details.
- Watch Dahlia Harris and crew in action in her play, Her Last Cry. The play will be staged at the Farfield Theatre in Montego Bay all weekend. Show times are 8pm on Friday and Saturday and 7pm on Sunday.
- Party the night away at LIME Full Black on Saturday, October 25. The event, to be staged at the LIME Golf Academy, features Beenie Man, Sizzla, Ninja Man, Lady Saw, Ishawna and more. Admission: General – $1000 presold, $1500 at the gate; VIP – $3500 presold, $4000 at the gate.
- Look and learn at the National Gallery of Jamaica’s Last Sundays programme on October 26. The programme, running from 11am to 4pm, and will feature the In Retrospect: 40 Years of the National Gallery of Jamaica exhibition and a musical performance by the Pimento trio, featuring Maurice Gordon. Admission, guided tours and children’s activities will be offered free of cost.
- Dine in style at Trident Castle’s Sunday Brunch on October 26. Brunch is served buffet style, complemented by live Mento music. Time: 11am to 3pm. Cost: US$45 per person + gratuity. Children under 12 are half price.