TGIF – We’ve made it to another weekend! What are your plans? If you need some ideas, check out these five options below.
- Got a passion for fashion and creative expression? Tune in to The Gleaner’s free livestream of the 2014 Collection MoDA fashion show. The stream goes live tonight at 7:45pm for the pre-show. The main event starts at 8pm. In the mean time, check out the free digital supplement here.
- Start your engines! The final leg of Rally Jamaica 2014 gets into gear at the Tru Juice VIP Lyme area, the Orchards in Bog Walk, St Catherine, tomorrow morning, November 22. The event will continue on Sunday, November 23. The grand opening and starting ceremony will see 18 competitors on show with a ramp start. Contact Rally Jamaica at 434-1755 or 382-4219 for tickets and more info.
- Go antiquing at the 22nd Annual Antiques and Collectibles Fair on Saturday and Sunday, starting at 10am each day at the Lindo Auditorium, Campion College, 105 Hope Road, Kingston. Antique treasures on sale will include furniture, silver, ceramics and paper memorabilia. Admission: Adults – $200; children under 12 – free.
- Support the arts at Company Dance Theatre’s 26th season of dance on Saturday, November 22 at 8pm and Sunday, November 23 at 6pm at the Little Theatre, 4 Tom Redcam Ave, Kingston 5. For tickets and information, contact the American International School of Kingston (AISK) at 702-2070 and the Little Theatre at 926-6129.
- Eat yu bellyful at the CB Pan Chicken Championship at the Downtown Kingston waterfront on Sunday, November 23. Regional finalists from across the island will compete for the title of Pan Chicken Grand Champion and you get to feast on the results of their hard work. Konshens, Sizzla and Kevin Downswell will also perform. Admission: Free.