TGIF! We’ve got some great events for you this weekend. Enjoy!
- Love dance? Then have your fill at Jamaica Dance Umbrella all weekend long at the Phillip Sherlock Centre for the Creative Arts at the UWI, Mona. Enjoy performances from the country’s top dance theatre companies such as the NDTC, L’Acadco and Xaymaca, as well as contemporary groups like Shady Squad. Admission: Individual nights – $1,500; Junior showcase – $500; season pass – $3,500. Call 927-1456 or 977-9770 for more info.
- Book lovers, rejoice! The ongoing Kingston Book Fest hosts the Kingston Book Fair tomorrow from 10AM to 6PM at Devon House. It’s a family affair, so bring the kids for books and fun activities.
- Women make the world go round, so show some appreciation at the International Women’s Day Expo also taking place tomorrow at Founders Park, UWI, Mona. Featuring booths, farmers market, live entertainment and more. Admission: Free
- Enjoy live music at the fifth staging of Myrna Hague in Concert tomorrow night at the Courtleigh Auditorium, starting with cocktails at 7PM. Featuring special guests Dobby Dobson, Carifolk Singers and more. Admission: $4,000. Part proceeds in aid of the Sonny Bradshaw Foundation.
- Get wild and dirty at Sunset Cocoa Jouvert Party tomorrow from 4PM to midnight at Hope Gardens. Music by DJ Richie Ras and DJ Smoke, with performance by Kerwin Dubois. Admission: $4,500 – food and drink inclusive. Must be 18 or older.