Happy new year! It’s the first weekend of 2015, so why not carry on the parties and leisure activities a little longer? Here are some activities to keep you occupied til your ‘free paper bun’ on Monday.
1. Tickle your funny bone at Laff it Off Comedy Revue, running through January 18. Venue: Theatre Place, Haining Road. Contact 908-0040 for more information.
2. Dance the night away at Reconnect at Puls8. Venue: Pulse Complex, 38a Trafalgar Road, New Kingston. Featuring Bounty Killer and DJ Sanjay. Contact Pulse at 968-1089 or 968-1090 for more information.
3. Become one with nature at the Hope Botanical Gardens. There’s a bird watching walking tour tomorrow morning, starting at 6:45AM (admission: $200) and the Zoo Kingston Christmas Special runs through January 4.
4. Wuk up at Bacchanal New Year Band Launch and Fête. Venue: Mas Camp, National Stadium, from 9PM to 3AM. Featuring Skinny Fabulous, Duchess, DJ Sanjay. The costumes for the 2015 season will be on display. Admission: general – $2,000 presold, $2,500 at the gate; all-inclusive VIP – $4,000 presold, $4,500 at the gate.
5. Enjoy rum, jerk and reggae at the Negril Beach Jerk Festival and Family Funday on Sunday. Venue: Wavz Beach, Negril. Admission: 1-day pass – US$25; 2-day pass – US$50; Jamaicans with ID – $1,000 presold; $1,500 at the gate; kids $500.