TGIF! What’s on for the weekend? Here are five activities to get you out of the house!
- Level the vibes at Rebel Salute 2015, starting this evening at Grizzly’s Plantation Cove, Priory, St Ann. Performers include Etana, I-Wayne, Jah9, Tarrus Riley, Cocoa Tea, Luciano, Queen Ifrica, Inner Circle, Third World, Sophia Brown and, of course, the mastermind himself, Tony Rebel. Admission: Early bird $2,800; regular $3,000; VIP $6,000. If you’re unable to make it to the event, sign up for the livestream.
- Get sophisticated at the MetOpera: 2014/2015 Live in HD Season at Carib 5, this Saturday at 12:55PM. This week’s production is Franz Lehar’s The Merry Widow. Contact the theatre at 928-1248-9 for more information.
- Visit the animals at Jamaica Zoo in Lacovia, St Elizabeth. There are about 23 different animals, including birds, lions, llamas, zebras, monkeys, crocodiles, toucans, snakes, iguana and more. Opening hours: 10AM to 5PM on weekends. Admission: Adults $1,200; children (2-15) $600.
- Laugh out loud at Patrick Brown’s Saving Alligator High, featuring Glen ‘Titus’ Campbell, Camille Davis, Courtney Wilson, Sharee Elise and Sakina Deer. Shows are on Saturday and Sunday at the Centerstage Theatre, New Kingston, at 5PM and 8PM. Call 968-7529 for more information.
- Cheer on the participants at the LIME Foundation 6K Run & Walk on Sunday. It’s too late to sign up to paticipate yourself, but you can still be in the midst of the action. And it’s for a good cause! Race starts at 7AM at the Fort Clarence Beach, with the warm-up beginning at 6:30AM.