TGIF! What’s on for the weekend? We have some great events for you to check out.
- Get on bad at Bacchanal Opening Night, tonight at Mas Camp, Stadium North, Arthur Wint Drive. Featuring DJ Richie Ras, DJ Smoke and DJ Lantern. Admission: (general) $2,000 prepaid; $2,500 at the gate; (VIP all-inclusive) $4,000 prepaid; $4,500 at the gate. Starts at 8PM.
- Dress warm and soak up the vibes at the Blue Mountain Music Festival, starting tomorrow at Holywell. Performers include Freddie McGregor, Tarrus Riley, Voicemail, Shuga, TOK, Mystic Revealers, Skygrass and Pentateuch. Admission: General, daily – $3,500; premium – $4,500; weekend premium – $7,500; children, daily – $500. Click here for more information. Gates open at 11AM, festival starts at 3PM.
- Hold a ‘medz’ at the fifth annual Peter Tosh Day Festival, starting tomorrow at the Peter Tosh Memorial Garden in Belmont, Westmoreland. Performances from Andrew Tosh, Jah Bouks, Bushman and more. Tune in to www.iriefm.com for the live audio and video broadcast.
- Learn a thing or two at the fourth annual Institute of Jamaica Grounation Series, Sunday at the IOJ Lecture Hall, East Street. The event starts at 2PM, under the theme is “Riddim Across the Atlantic: De Drums in Africa and its Diasporas.” This year’s treat is a specially curated exhibition entitled “Call and Response: Masques, Masquerades and Drums.” Call 922-0620-6 for more info.
- Indulge in ‘An evening of romance’ at the Wedding Spectacular, Sunday at Hope Botanical Gardens from 4PM to 11PM. The spectacular is Kingston’s largest annual bridal showcase and the first bridal event for 2015, with more than 70 vendors, prizes and surprises. Admission: $500