What’s on for the weekend? We’ve got some great events for you to check out!
- Build a vibe at Kingston Music Week events today through Sunday.
- Tonight is Conscious Reggae Party at Ashanti Oasis Vegetarian Restaurant, located at the Pulse Complex on Trafalgar Road, from 7PM to 2AM. Admission: Free.
- Tomorrow afternoon is Jamaican Folk Singers Live at Mother’s Bakery, Devon House, from 1pm to 2pm. Admission Free. In the evening, it’s time for Wickie Wackie Live in Bull Bay, from 7PM to 2AM. Admission: $1,000.
- Sunday evening features two events – JAVAA’s Music Festival at Countryside Club, starting at 6PM. Admission: $1,200 presold; $1,500 at the gate. Unforgettable – Sunday Evening of Nat King Cole at the PCJ (Petrojam) Auditorium kicks off at 6PM. Admission: $2,000 presold; $2,500 at the gate.
- Watch the Windward Maroons Wrestling Tournament at Asafu Yard, Charles Town in Portland this Saturday, December 6. The Maroon Sand Warriors and other wrestlers will compete in this one-of-a-kind tournament, which will also feature a Maroon ‘drum off’ competition.
- Party for a cause at the 2nd Annual Falmouth Fundraiser on Saturday, December 6. The cocktail party, in celebration of Falmouth’s 245th anniversary and aid of the preservation of the town’s small historical buildings, will take place at the Tharp House Sunken Garden, Historic Falmouth Port on Seaboard Street. The event starts at 4PM with a trolley tour. Admission: Adults US$25/J$2,500; children US$10/J$1,000.
- Start your Christmas shopping at the Grosvenor Galleries Christmas Art & Craft Fair, Saturday December 6 and Sunday December 7. Items on sale include fine art, ceramics, clothing, jewellery and photography. From 10AM to 6PM.
- Witness the return of West Kingston Jamboree at the Tivoli Gardens playing field on Sunday, December 7. A fun day with football, netball and other competitions will take place before the show starts at 7PM. Performers include dancehall acts Beenie Man, Sizzla, I-Octane, Elephant Man, Christopher Martin, George Nooks and Bugle.