TGIF! What are you up to this weekend? There are a lot of activities to do around this time, so it was a challenge only picking five. Whatever you choose to do, we hope you have fun!
1. Be dazzled at the ‘biggest concert of the year,’ Red Stripe presents Major Lazer and Friends tonight at the Caymanas Estate, Portmore, St Catherine. Come see Major Lazer, Skrillex and a host of other international and local DJs, alongside performers and special guest Machel Montano. Admission: US$50 (drinks inclusive from 8PM-4AM). ID required.
2. Browse and shop at Kumbaa Mi Yabba Christmas Village at the Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre, 36 Hope Road, tomorrow from 10AM to 8PM. Purchase high quality, authentic Jamaican gifts and products from local manufacturers. There will also be a kiddies area, food village and live cultural performances. Admission: Free
3. Feel the beat at the Live from Kingston Music Concert, Hope Gardens (Shell Bandstand), tomorrow evening. Enjoy performances from Protoje, No-Maddz, Kabaka Pyramid, Sevana and Runkus. Admission: $1,500
4. Enjoy music galore at the Electric Butterfly Music and Beach Festival tomorrow at Cayenne Beach, Negril. It’s music overload, two parties in one venue. Stage 1, ‘Beyond Brightlights,’ features EDM, electro, house, dubstep and trap music. Stage 2, ‘Electric Island,’ features dancehall, reggae, soca, hip hop and Afrobeats. Admission: $3,000
5. Bask in the spirit of the season at the Kingston College Chapel Choir Annual Christmas Concert on Sunday at the UWI Chapel. Listen to well-loved Christmas songs and carols, backed by a chamber orchestra. Admission: $1,500