Following in the footsteps of Kaci Fennel and Davina Bennett, this year’s Ms. Universe Jamaica is Emily Sara-Claire Maddison.
Here are five things to know:
- Emily is just 19 years old. She is a recent graduate from Campion College in Kingston Jamaica. Maddison notes that her youth allows her the opportunity to face each situation as a challenge as she rarely knows what to expect.
- She plans to study psychology as she is fascinated by how the mind works.
- Emily works with Girls Who Know Jamaica through which she advocates for sexual and reproductive health rights of our young girls.
- She enjoys reading Manga and eating spicy food. Maddison is interested in following a healthy lifestyle and does yoga.
- She also loves the outdoors, especially the beach, and often visits one of her favorite spots, Strawberry Fields Beach, with friends.
Emily just placed in the top 20 finalists out of 94 contestants in the Miss Universe competition 2018.