2 pounds goat head and belly
1/4 cup Grace White Cane Vinegar
4 cups water
4 cloves garlic, crushed
6 whole pimento berries
2 pounds yellow yam, peeled, diced
4 medium carrots, peeled, diced
2 large cho cho, peeled, diced
1 pound irish potato
6 fingers green bananas
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1 packet Grace Cock Soup Mix
1 tablespoon Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning
2 sprigs thyme
2 stalks escallion
1 whole scotch bonnet pepper
1 teaspoon Grace Hello Soft Margarine
1/2 teaspoon Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper
1/4 cup white rum, optional
1. Cut goat head and belly in small pieces then clean in a mixture of Grace Vinegar and 4 cups water.
2. Pour 6 cups water in a pressure cooker, add 4 cloves crushed garlic, pimento berries and goat head and belly and pressure for 20 minutes.
3. Turn off flame and allow pressure cooker to cool.
4. Pour mixture into a 6 quart pot, add 4 cups water to pot and allow to boil.
5. Add diced yam, carrots, cho cho, Irish potatoes and green bananas.
6. Stir cover and leave to cook.
To make spinners
1. Combine flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 cup water in bowl and knead to make a smooth dough.
2. Leave dough to relax for 15 minutes.
3. Make small spinners from the dough then add to the pot, stir and cover.
1. Add Grace Cock Soup Mix, Grace Caribbean Traditions All Purpose Seasoning, thyme, crushed escallion and whole scotch bonnet pepper, Grace Hello Margarine, Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper and 1 tsp salt.
2. Stir well and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Turn off the flame and mix in the rum.
– Courtesy of Grace Foods