6 oz. of chicken breasts
6 oz. of fresh spinach
4 cups of chicken stock
2 tbs. soy sauce
2 tbs. spring onions, chopped finely
2 tsp. sugar
1. Remove the spinach stems and wash the spinach.
2. Blanch the leaves for a few seconds in boiling water, until they are just wilted.
3. Pour cold water over the spinach leaves.
4. Slice the chicken breasts fairly thin.
5. In another pot of boiling water, cook the chicken slices for about two minutes, until they are white and have gone slightly firm.
6. Drain both the spinach and the chicken.
7. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer. then add the soy sauce and the sugar.
8. Add the cooked spinach and chicken.
9. Bring the soup back to a simmer; then add the spring onions.