4 Rainforest Seafoods Grunt, 8oz each whole and gutted
Garlic, 4 cloves minced
Ginger, 2-inch piece grated
4 pimento berries, crushed
3 stalks scallion, chopped
1 Irish potato
1/4 each large red & green sweet pepper, chopped
Scotch bonnet pepper to taste
1 cup fruit punch
1/2 cup water
2 tbs soy sauce
Salt & black pepper
sprig of thyme
2 tbsp butter
4 bammy rounds, sliced into sticks
couple of limes
1. Wash grunt with lime.
2. Preheat oil on high.
2. Score both sides of each fish, then rub well with salt and pepper.
3. Sear fish on each side approximately 3 min per side. Reserve.
4. Sauté garlic and ginger.
5. Add punch, then water and soy sauce.
6. Add potatoes, carrots, sweet peppers, Scotch bonnet, scallion and butter
7. Simmer to thicken approximately five minutes, then return fish to pan with bammy sticks.
8. Coat grunt and bammy with stew.
9. Heat through, ensuring potatoes are cooked, then serve.
– From Vibes Cuisine