1 can ackee
1 1/2 cups chicken stock or one chicken stock tablet and one and a half cup of water
1 big chopped tomato
10-15 chopped shallots
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Scotch bonnet pepper
A half cup of heavy cream
1. Put the ackee together with the liquid from the can into a saucepan with the chicken stock, tomato, shallots, salt, and pepper.
2. Cover and simmer gently until the shallots are tender.
3. Mix with an electric blender. Season to taste with the scotch bonnet pepper sauce.
4. Stir in the cream and heat through.
5. The soup may be garnished with chopped chives, parsley or with sweet paprika