June 21 marked the official beginning of summer, and most schools are also on break for the holiday, while others are wrapping up with graduation ceremonies. That means parents and guardians now have their youngsters at home complaining that they’re bored. Uh oh!
We went diGging and found some great activities to help you get them out of the house and off the video games for a few days.
- University of the West Indies – There are two camps:
- CSI Science Camp 2015 – Perfect for the budding engineer, doctor, forensics scientist or lawyer in your child.
- Jamaica Autism Support Association Summer Camps 2015 – There are three separate camps for your little ones with special needs.
- Nishida’s Gymnastics Summer Camp – Help your child to develop physical skills, self-confidence, respect for self and others and perseverance, as well as improve their academic work.
- Ballaz Football Camps 2015 – Got a little Messi or Marta on your hands? Your little stars can learn the basics and perhaps take their first steps to World Cup glory.
- Racers Track Club Summer Camp 2015 – Speaking of glory, how about having your little ones coached by the same people responsible for helping to make Usain Bolt a global superstar?
- UTech Summer Programme 2015 – Heritage In Young Hands – Explore history through drama, poetry, historical site visits, traditional art forms and more. There’s still time to get your child in, as the registration deadline is July 1.
- Access Summer Camp – This international Christian programme is designed for children (4-12), teens (13-17) and young adults (18-21). The teens and young adults have two weeks of class discussions, teachings, group activities, sports and the performing arts followed by one week of outreach. The children have one week of similar teachings and activities followed by one week of outreach. Children ages 4-7 are invited to join for the day sessions only.
- United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands – Summer camps run from July 4 to August 8, with each week dedicated to different age groups.
- Moorlands Summer Camps – This well-known Christian camp facility has various programmes running throughout the summer.
Click here for more summer camp possibilities.