Warning: include(/home/digjamaica/www/m/wp-content/plugins/digjamaica_ext/public/partials/digjamaica_ext-directory_dashboard-shortcode.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/digjamaica/www/m/wp-content/plugins/digjamaica_ext/public/class-digjamaica_ext-public.php on line 195
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/digjamaica/www/m/wp-content/plugins/digjamaica_ext/public/partials/digjamaica_ext-directory_dashboard-shortcode.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear:/home/digjamaica/www/m/wp-content/plugins/mailchimp-widget/lib') in /home/digjamaica/www/m/wp-content/plugins/digjamaica_ext/public/class-digjamaica_ext-public.php on line 195
The Customs Agency collects and protects the revenue, guards against illicit imports, and is responsible for the following:
- Assessing and collecting customs duties, fees, and penalties due on imports;
- Interdicting and seizing contraband, including narcotics and illegal drugs;
- Processing passengers, baggage, cargo and mail;
- Detecting and apprehending persons engaged in fraudulent practices designed to circumvent Customs related laws;
- Protecting Jamaica's industries, labour and intellectual property rights by enforcing Jamaica's laws intended to prevent illegal trade practices, including provisions related to quotas; the Anti-Dumping Act; and by providing Customs Records for copyrights, patents, trademarks;
- Protecting the general welfare and security of Jamaica by enforcing import and export restrictions and prohibitions, including money laundering.
Its activities are governed by the Customs Act. In addition to its own laws, Customs enforces over 125 other provisions of law for other agencies.