March is celebrated as Spiritual Wellness Month. It is a time to reflect on the values, ethics and morals that add value and give meaning to your life. Here at diGJamaica, we’re going on a quest for 30 days of inspiration: extracting the common principles from different religions and systems of belief that help their followers to find inner peace, purpose and direction. Each day for the month of March, we will be sharing another principle with you. Join us as we embark on this journey to spiritual wellness.
What we’ve covered so far:
Generosity is kindness. It is a willingness to go above and beyond what is required of you, and to give more. Why be generous? Because when you are generous to others, it helps you to feel so much better about yourself. When you treat others with love and kindness, you can’t help but feel the light of the goodness you are imparting into their lives return to you. Here are 10 things you can be generous with that will add value to the lives of the people around you:
- Time: Spend unexpected quality time with a loved one.
- Gifts: Surprise someone – take someone out, pay for a meal, a movie, etc.
- Encouragement: Leave an encouraging note for a friend/coworker to find.
- Forgiveness: Be nice to someone who does not expect or deserve it.
- Compliments: Pay a stranger a compliment.
- Courtesy: Open the door for someone. Say please, thanks and ‘have a nice day’.
- Comments: Don’t join in derogatory talk about others. Avoid gossip.
- Money: Give to a charitable cause. Give to a needy friend.
- Smiles: It will provoke pleasantness in (most) other people.
- Words: As a rule, be kind when speaking to and about others.