Everyone has blue days, or days when energy levels wane and they need something to lift their spirits and get them going again. Music can be the perfect pick-me-up. Scientific research has shown that when we listen to music we like, our brains get flooded with a chemical called dopamine, which makes us feel good. Here’s a list of 10 popular Jamaican songs to get you up and moving, and to put some fire back into your bones and some life in your spirit.
In the list, you will find:
- If Jah Is Standing By My Side – Tony Rebel
- God Is Standing By – George Nooks
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
- One Love – Bob Marley
- My Day – Tarrus Riley
- I Am Not Afraid -Etana
- Be Strong – Sizzla
- Rise To The Occasion – Sizzla
- I Can See Clearly Now – Jimmy Cliff
- You Can Get It If You Really Want – Jimmy Cliff
Have you got a playlist you’d like us to make? A suggestion for a song you would add to this list? Leave it in the comments below, or send us an email at email@example.com.