Rainforest Seafoods’ Jerk Salmon with Fried Bammy and Plantain Chips
4 (5-oz) Rainforest Seafoods Salmon fillets
1 bammy cut in four quarters
1 ripe plantain, sliced
Coconut milk (liquid)
1 red onion, roughly chopped
11/2tsp dried thyme
Green tops of two scallions, chopped
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1tbsp white pepper
1/4tsp ground nutmeg
1 jalapeno, chopped
2tbsp olive oil
1. Place all ingredients into food processor and process for 15 seconds. (There will be extra marinade. Marinade can be refrigerated for one week or frozen up to two months.)
For the fish:
1. Spoon two teaspoons of the jerk marinade on each side.
2. Place into a hot grill or grill pan and turn heat down to medium.
3. After two minutes (should be brown) turn over and cook three to five minutes, until fish is cooked through.
4. Soak bammy in coconut milk and cinnamon mix for five minutes and deep fry until desired crisp is achieved.
5. Deep fry ripe plantain. Plantain and bammy are served with the fish.
– Chef Randie Anderson