Image Of The Week: What Was That Smell?

CsoToxicFumesA20130228RM

Last Thursday, noxious fumes caused quite a stir in Kingston.

In our Image Of The Week above, a worker from the Central Sorting Office (CSO) of the Post and Telecoms Department collapses after inhaling the toxic fumes.

It was reported that more than 60 people had to seek medical attention and more than 600 people to be evacuated from the CSO.  Schools were shut down.  Police cordoned-off the area.

At this point, authorities still have not been able to identify the cause of the fumes or what they were.  CSO staff has returned to work this morning.

For more about this story, readChaos At CSO – 60 People Hospitalised Due To Effects Of Mysterious Fumes

For more photos of the scene, have a look at  PHOTOS: Staff Evacuated At CSO After Noxious Fumes Detected

Posted in Image Of The Week Tagged with: , , , ,

Follow Me

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

Like diGJamaica on Facebook

Archives

Read previous post:
6 Things You Need To Know Today: March 4, 2013

Delinquency Rate Surges Among Public Officials.  Public servants continue to run afoul of the law, ignoring the requirement of the...

Close